Thursday, February 10, 2011

Then came a baby boy with long eyelashes

Justin

Emily

I have always had a fascination with beautiful eyes, so I figured I'd try to take a picture of my own eyes or other peoples eye's. That idea originally was squashed by the lack of a decent macro lens, but it came back when I discovered the fun of the poor man's macro I've been doing. These shots were hilarious and difficult at the same time, especially that self-portrait shot above. I had Emily stabilizing a flash unit that I can't sync to my camera, so it was manually triggered for each exposure. This is definitely a shot I'd like to revisit and master, hopefully with a better lens and more depth of field. As you can see I lose focus very quickly, from Emily's eye to nose it's no more than 2 inches total. I need to find some blue eyed people to photograph.

No comments:

Post a Comment