Thursday, March 31, 2011

The Most Familiar Nightmares

So this photo is actually really interesting for multiple reasons. It started off as a stitched panoramic, so I took about 8 photos of this tree in series, hoping to stitch them all together to form a wide angle shot of this area of the duck pond. The stitching went very well, but after closer inspection, I realized my photos suffered from very extreme chromatic aberration, which is when colors don't line up. To put it simply, the edges of tree branches had glowing lines of magenta/cyan.

While I was attempting to fix this, Kristen suggested I put it into black and white, which would completely hide the aberrations, and it looked alright. While she was showing me a technique she uses, we accidentally inverted the photo, giving it a photo negative look. I immediately knew what I wanted to do, and set about editing this photo into what you see here. I won't go into the details about what I did, but if you're curious, you can always ask. I enjoy sharing.

No comments:

Post a Comment