Thursday, June 9, 2011

I've been gone a while!

Ladies, gentlemen, children, I have been away for far too long!

I apologize for not keeping a steady posting schedule with my photos, but to be honest, without having a daily schedule of classes to get me out of the house, I've found it very hard to maintain a constant shooting regiment. I have collected a few photos over the course i've been gone from posting, and I will begin to post those soon. However, I will NOT be posting at regular intervals until school starts again, since it's harder to manage a timeline without a regular schedule. I will definitely try to put out 2 photos a week though, and like always, the facebook page will post a notification as well. ^_^

To satisfy you all for now, I have a few photos I have finished editing to post!

In the effort of saving time, I'm not going to upload them to blogger, they are already on flickr.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/nosjojo/5815793018/

A decent flower spread that you can use as a background if you so please. (if you want to use it, i can make a more exact resize for you, just ask.)

From that same photo, in the center is a bee on the flower. It's a tiny little guy to spot given the size of the photo. But here he is as well:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/nosjojo/5815224919/

The last photo is a fun example of depth of field and bokeh all rolled into one. Taken as close as I could go, you can see that the front pines are out of focus, and so are the pines a few inches back. Taken at f/1.8, my depth of field is extremely small at close ranges. This allows me to do extreme levels of isolation. Additionally, you can see the rings of light in the top left, which is a nice example of smooth bokeh. The more circular, the better 'quality' the bokeh is. Mine is a middle range quality, but at this focal distance, it's pretty smooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment